Haven't had this phone for long....Support

Last Updated:

1. TrustSerenity

TrustSerenity Well-Known Member

But for some reason it randomly restarts itself? Is anyone else having/had this issue and was able to fix it? I just don't understand why it's rebooting itself.

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

When you turned it on the very first time were you notified that there was a system update and it asked for permission to install it? Did you install it before doing anything else?

... Thom
  3. TrustSerenity

No nothing like that popped up when I first turned it on.
  4. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

1. You can go to Settings | About phone (at the very bottom). Is System version set to ... 12.7.7.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US? That is the latest version.

2. You can try running in Safe Mode (disable all apps you added without uninstalling them). There you hit the Power button until the menu appears and long press on Power off. Then respond OK. If the problem stops you know it was caused by an app you added. If you Power Off/Power On normally you will again be out of Safe Mode.

... Thom
    TrustSerenity likes this.
  5. TrustSerenity

This is the version that I have 12.7.7.obakem_verizon. Verizon.en.US

I will try the safe mode.
  6. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

That is the latest version. I had a typo.

... Thom
  7. 42smack

42smack New Member

the exact same thing is happening with my mini.
    i looked else where and the forums say that the new crome explorer causes the reset. you can disable the app and see if it continues.
    i personally keep getting my settings changed back from and crome keeps enabling itself
  8. TrustSerenity

My settings are changing themselves as well. For some strange reason my background changed. I don't know what's up with this phone. I miss my galaxy s4. :-(
  9. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

If you run in in Safe Mode it will disable all apps you added without uninstalling them. If the problem stops it was caused by an app you added.

... Thom