havent heard anything lately..

Last Updated:

1. aloha.android

aloha.android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't hard anything about any new roms lately. I need something fresh to read. Or something to make my toes wiggle and my jimmy jump.

The sapphire rom came out for the droid1 3 days ago?? Does anyone know if there are any updates on the Droid x for this?? What about the frankenfly x??

If you don't got any news.. id like to know what you're running and if its got any bugs or not.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

so far there are only the two roms for the x: tranquility and flyx. birdman is apparently working on a vanilla rom currently and im assuming updates to flyx but i could be wrong on that. p3droid is testing rc 1.5 for tranquility. obsidian which is the droid x equivalent of sapphire and ruby is still in the very early stages and cvps only within the last day or so ordered a droid x so he can really ramp up production.

this is just a guess but id assume within a few weeks we ll start to really see some "roms" drop, but for now flyX 0.1 final has been fine for me. it doesn't seem that much faster than what i had done in terms of removing crapware and stuff on 2.2 before installing but it runs great and is stable.

3. MrDonBonJovi

MrDonBonJovi Well-Known Member

From experience... things will get really dry and there will be no news for days and then BAM we will get something cool!

From a devs standpoint they will not want to give any dates or any information when they are working on a ROM because they will have to deal with everyone asking for ETAs and requesting features yadda yadda. If no one is nagging them they can keep working.

So usually no news means something is being worked on.