Having a bit of trouble with my contacts on my new android..Support

1. abbymb93

abbymb93 New Member

Hello everyone!
    I recently purchased an exhibit with tmobile and I find it very confusing. I have been trying to figure out how to add ringtones for certain contacts. However, when I try to, my phone takes me to the contacts ONLY saved on my phone. My phone has automatically put certain people into a "joined contacts" category. I can't seem to move those contacts to my phone or sim card and I also can't assign them a ringtone. Please help me!

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

You should be able to open your contacts, then select the one you want to set a different ringtone for, then once you have that contact open push the menu button, then select options. From there you can choose a ringtone and repeat the process for each contact you want a different ringtone for.
    abbymb93 likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

You can unjoin them. Go to the contact where they are joined, click on the field with several person icons, then hit the (-) button on the contact you want to unjoin. But if they're the same person, why not join them into one?
    abbymb93 likes this.
  4. abbymb93

abbymb93 New Member

thank you! that helps.
    Now my background data got disabled somehow and i have no idea how to turn it back on. Help?
  5. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Menu -> settings -> accounts & sync -> check background data
  6. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline New Member

I am trying to assign ringtones to different people, but I cannot see my contacts when trying to do so. When I am in contacts and I push the menu button, there is NO options selection. What to do? How can I get my contacts from T-Mobile Contacts Back-up to my phone? They are on there, but don't seem to be visible for the ringtones option. Help, please?!:confused: