Having a few glitches?

Last Updated:

1. tmette

tmette Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok the past two weeks must have been hard for my Droid. Here is a list of what has all happened:

1. Randomly shut off, had to pull battery out to get it to turn back on.
    2. Another night I was heading to Starbucks, so I checked my phone and it said I had a really low battery, even had the red LED blinking. I thought it was weird because it had nearly a full charge about 4 hours earlier, so I rebooted, and sure enough it had a good charge again.
    3. Last night I texted one of my friends, and it didn't go through. This morning I was texting some more people, and none of them went through. At first I thought I was over my texting limits or something, but rebooted and I was able to send texts again.
    4. Shortly after rebooting from the text messaging incident, I opened up the browser. The browser froze while trying to get the GPS location for Google's "Near Me Now" function, and so I hit the Home button. I then got distracted in a conversation, and when I looked back my screen was blank, thinking it had went to sleep, I hit the Sleep/Power button on top, and low and behold..the big M came up, it had turned itself off.

I got this phone in mid-December and I haven't had ANY problems with it so far. Should I think about getting a replacement? The only thing I can think to possibly be causing this is sometimes I use my phone for USB Debugging because I'm trying to learn how to make games, and well the current one I'm on (Sudoku from the Hello Android book) has a Force Close error. When I got home from lunch, I deleted that application that was put on my phone from debugging and rebooted. I'm hoping that solves my problems.

Anyone else have any input? Anything would be helpful.

Advertisement
  2. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be thinking about a replacement. I've had my phone is November and have experienced very few problems. But every problem I did have, and many I've read about on the forums, traced back to apps not working well together. The first place I would start looking was at the apps I installed prior to the commencement of these problems or look at the apps you were actually using prior to these problems. As an example, I had loaded the Launcher2.1 and loved it and it worked well. The came the announcement about Swype and I installed it and loved it too. But I started having Force Closes. It turned out that on my phone (and this wasn't true for other users, just me) I could not have these two programs active at the same time. I had to uncheck Swype in the Setting menu or I got Force Closes. I loved Swype so much that I eventually deleted Launcher2. I've since gone to the Bugless Beast rom and it comes preloaded with a version of Launcher2 that works great and Swype now works with my Droid. So, a little long winded, but look at your apps.

3. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Every issue I've had with this thing so far has been traced back to an app conflict (or a corrupted media file - i.e.: a knackered movie file). These forums are TREMENDOUSLY helpful with troubleshooting.