Having a problem receiving pics

Last Updated:

1. jeessiicaaa

jeessiicaaa Active Member This Topic's Starter

For the past few weeks I've been having problems receiving pics on my hero. I can only recieve pics from my boyfriend, and in order to see the picture he has to send it twice. Any other person who tries to send me pics doesn't work. It sends the file, I click download, and it either says "downloading" forever, or it says "download failed". Is anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I had this issue until I updated to Android 2.1. After the update, I started receiving picture messages normally again.

Have you updated your Sprint HTC Hero to Android 2.1 yet? That might fix your problem.

3. jeessiicaaa

I tried to, and also posted something about that. I couldn't figure it out, the file I downloaded didn't work, and I got nervous with all the complaints about it. :/

4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I like the Android 2.1 update for the most part. There are a couple minor issues that I hope are taken care of with a small update patch in the near future. Some people will disagree with me but I recommend wiping your Sprint HTC Hero prior to performing the Android 2.1 update. I have not experienced any rebooting or any abnormal battery drain.

You need to install HTC Sync first and then connect your handset via the USB cable to your computer. Then you can run the Android 2.1 update installer file. You can get the HTC Sync software and the Android 2.1 update installer here: Sprint - Software Downloads - Smartphones - HTC Hero with Google

5. jeessiicaaa

Alright, thanks, I'm gonna try to update it now and see if it works!