1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Having a problem with GO Launcher EX Notifications...

1. Android Austin

Android Austin New Member

I recently upgraded from an unlocked iPhone, to a GS2. Im so happy to get away from the iPhone. It wasnt a horrible phone, but, it started to give me a lot of problems.

Im not new to customizing phones, so I knew Id like the GS2, at least for the customizing factor alone.

I installed ICS the night I got it and proceeded to start the downloads. I installed GO Launcher EX, as well as a few of the other GO Launcher add-ons. One of them was the GO Launcher EX Notifications plugin.

I installed and went through all options/settings. I cannot get it to notify me (with the little red indicator over SMS, Phone, Email, etc...). It shows an indicator in the status bar, but not over the icons. I went into the plugin preference and made sure ALL selected items were checked, but still nothing. I restarted the phone, and even went as far as to uninstall the GLN and reinstall. Still nothing.

I did the update that was available for GO Launcher EX and Notifications, but it is still not working properly.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've never used it, I'll try to look at it late to see if I can figure it out. I was about to roll back to modded Gingerbread, but I'll try to look at this first.
  3. Android Austin

Android Austin New Member

Thanks, OSW.:eek: Will check back to see if you were able to figure anything out.
  4. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

I sincerely apologize, my phone was hanging on me badly and I wiped it and reinstalled A.Z. I didn't get to check it out for you. Hopefully someone who stuck with it can try it. I just kept getting black screens and my battery life was complete pants.
  5. Rezasaurus

Rezasaurus New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am having issues with this app but the opposite of the OP. I Installed Go Launcher Notifications and didn't really like it as it doesn't show notifications for all apps. Well after a day of using the Notifications, I decided that the notification in the status bar was good enough and uninstalled the Go Launcher Notification app. The problem now is, the badges are still showing up after uninstalling and I also went as far as resetting my phone to factory settings but yet the badges are still appearing.

If anyone has a solution as to how i can get rid of the badges, please let me know. BTW I am using the new Galaxy Note 2 if that helps.

Thanks in Advance.