• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help having a unusual problem,,please help

mortbike

Lurker
Dec 17, 2011
i have searched and not found a thread about this issue. i have the nexus on verizon, when i enter my password for voicemail, it tells me " im sorry the password you entered in incorrect, after 3 tries it kicks you off. it make take up to 8 tries until it works, also when checking credit card balances it never works because the numbers i entered always seems to fail,,,now the kicker when entering a phone number , works fine, any thoughts?????

i have searched and not found a thread about this issue. i have the nexus on verizon, when i enter my password for voicemail, it tells me " im sorry the password you entered in incorrect, after 3 tries it kicks you off. it make take up to 8 tries until it works, also when checking credit card balances it never works because the numbers i entered always seems to fail,,,now the kicker when entering a phone number , works fine, any thoughts?????

For your voicemail, go to your vm settings and change the number to *86,,xxxx# where 'xxxx' is your password.

That will dial voicemail, pause an appropriate amout of time, and then enter your password and the pound sign. Easy peasy automated vm login.

Upvote 0

I get this issue every now and then and it seems like if I wait half an hour, the password goes through fine. Not sure if the root issue is a network thing or the DTMF tone settings on the phone. I'll try the automated method AJ suggests to see if it circumvents the problem in the future.

Upvote 0
thanks for the responses!!!,,, and no hurricane630 you are not an ass for questioning if i have entered the correct number, valid question. this happens when the speakerphone is off, as far as programing the voicemail number, the issue is inputting v/m password as well as credit card numbers,on one try i noticed that when i push the number 1 it entered a 1 three times same with other numbers i push a number once { quickly } and it will act as though i pushed it three times,,,hope this helps with understanding the problem....

Upvote 0
For your voicemail, go to your vm settings and change the number to *86,,xxxx# where 'xxxx' is your password.

That will dial voicemail, pause an appropriate amout of time, and then enter your password and the pound sign. Easy peasy automated vm login.

Thanks AJ McKay
This worked for me. Unfortunately anytime I call a number that requires me to use the keypad, I'm stuck :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones