• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Having an issue fastboot flashing stock recovery

Ok so the recovery at the link you posted has the same md5 as the one I tried, so im guessing ill get the same result right.....

crap! :mad:

likely so. must be that despite being in the t mobile forum,the link you posted first was not really dumped from a t mobile device. the link i posted was from the "non-carrier" (international,i guess?) one section.

i think the phone realizes its not got the stock recovery(tho i wuold have thot it to still work) hence the security warning

looks like we may need to track down a t mobile specific recovery,still. :(

hang on a sec and ill try and boot that recovery on my phone.

Upvote 0
crap! :mad:

likely so. must be that despite being in the t mobile forum,the link you posted first was not really dumped from a t mobile device. the link i posted was from the "non-carrier" (international,i guess?) one section.

i think the phone realizes its not got the stock recovery(tho i wuold have thot it to still work) hence the security warning

looks like we may need to track down a t mobile specific recovery,still. :(

hang on a sec and ill try and boot that recovery on my phone.

SOOO what is the easiest way to get it from my wifes phone? can it be done without unlocking her bootloader?

Upvote 0
SOOO what is the easiest way to get it from my wifes phone? can it be done without unlocking her bootloader?

unfortunately not. youll need to:
-unlock bootloader
-fastboot boot recovery.img
-make a nandroid
-relock(optional)

booting the recovery will cause the tampered warning. it may go away with a factory data reset after relock,but that will lose all her data.

you can watch this thread,maybe someone will help us:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41468778#post41468778

Upvote 0
unfortunately not. youll need to:
-unlock bootloader
-fastboot boot recovery.img
-make a nandroid
-relock(optional)

booting the recovery will cause the tampered warning. it may go away with a factory data reset after relock,but that will lose all her data.

you can watch this thread,maybe someone will help us:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=41468778#post41468778

Darn it, she doesnt want to void her warranty etc. it would still say relocked.....which is dumb but the price we pay for the privilege I suppose. Really sucks because without stock recovery im sure tmobile would complain at me. I mean I could always send in her phone and have her use mine but it will have a voided warranty lol.....jeesh...

Upvote 0
that image worked for me. i got the htc splash,then a black screen. i gave it a few seconds. held vol up,pressed power. did that again. then i got yellow writing that sdcard failed to mount (5 times) then a blue recovery menu,and the pic of the phone,triangle,and !

maybe it was working,and you just didnt realize it? md5 = the one listed( 04541031ee82ab95598b3cfbd019ad9c )

i have an m7_u,where you have an m7_ul. the ruus seem to be compatible(ive run several m7_ul ruus) but,maybe since the model chipset is different,we need the recovery from the m7_ul for it to work properly for you.

Upvote 0
that image worked for me. i got the htc splash,then a black screen. i gave it a few seconds. held vol up,pressed power. did that again. then i got yellow writing that sdcard failed to mount (5 times) then a blue recovery menu,and the pic of the phone,triangle,and !

maybe it was working,and you just didnt realize it? md5 = the one listed( 04541031ee82ab95598b3cfbd019ad9c )

i have an m7_u,where you have an m7_ul. the ruus seem to be compatible(ive run several m7_ul ruus) but,maybe since the model chipset is different,we need the recovery from the m7_ul for it to work properly for you.

Hmmm unless I need to hold volume up and power while the white screen is showing. but it never goes to a black screen. Honestly I am beginning to wonder how hard tmobile looks into these things with a exchange during the buyers remorse period. Since its not warranty maybe they just have a RUU to use to completely bring it stock that we dont know about lol....wishful thinking.

Upvote 0
hmmm tried to get into hboot and even though the buttons flashed it booted into android....let me setup the device and try again.

Ok sorry that was premature, unplugged usb and did it and booted into hboot. performed factory reset and now am booting up into android.....now to relock and see what happens.

Upvote 0
Well it still says Tampered and Relocked.....I give up as far as removing that. Im just gonna send it in and see what happens I suppose. :-(

Thank you SO much for helping me get the stock recovery at the very least and for the willingness to provide so much helpful information. If you have any ideas on how to remove the tampered ill give it a shot but im guessing it will just be there forever.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
I may have found an actual t mobile image,if you're interested. Hopefully it will get rid of the tampered badge.

Oh darn, my phone is at tmobile already! we will see what happens, in the contract I signed under the buyers remorse section it mentions nothing about the phone being tampered with or warranty being void causing me not to be able to return it. It only says that It has to come with original package and materials and be working and in good physical condition. we will see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones