having an issue . suave smush! rom

Last Updated:

1. squallsauce

squallsauce Member This Topic's Starter

so lately my phone has been having a bizarre issue with the touch screen or possibly track ball.

i wont be touching either of these but it will highlight the upper left item on the screen (home or wherever) and then its as if i swipe it to the farthest left home screen. if i am off the home screen, it will lock up the app for a brief period of time until it figures its shit out.

anyone else experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. jcase

jcase Well-Known Member

Potentially a bad trackball issue, I would try another rom. Give Conap's a whirl and see if it still does it.

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

its not the rom, its the hardware. some phones go bad after heavy use.
    to be clear the issue only happens when its plugged in?

4. squallsauce

squallsauce Member This Topic's Starter

it happens when its not plugged in as well.

i figured it was a hardware thing :/

5. andrizoid

odd. i have the same issue, but only when plugged in.its because of the charging port...theres been a few well written explanations for it.

6. jcase

jcase Well-Known Member

While it is probably a bad trackball (hardware issues), don't just not test it. Do a little debugging, flash a new a couple roms and double check. I would flash a "stock" rom, then an aosp one. There is a few different eris hardware revisions, just because a driver works on one does not mean it works on all.

7. shaggylouie

shaggylouie Well-Known Member

Definitely hardware. I had to replace my eris before because of it. Now I'm extra careful not to bend or giggle my power supply going into the port. I even found that if you do have this problem you can push the cord to one side or another when plugged in - this would either cause or eliminate the scrolling left issue.

8. andrizoid

i have to push mine down. ive replaced 2 eri because of that issue. thinking about taking this one in too.

9. shaggylouie

shaggylouie Well-Known Member

Man I hope don't have another issue like this. I would not want to have to go through an unroot process. Actually, I have no idea if doing the RUU thing is tough or not. I just have no intentions of unrooting.

BTW Andrizoid, thanks for all of your hard work. I look forward to trying out more of your stuff. I like suave smush.

10. andrizoid

i had a project going on XDA-getting ubuntu and/or debian running on the eris but after they banned me again im kinda just thinking f!@# it...i got most of the work done, someone can pick up where i left off.

11. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Does someone just not like you over there?

12. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

With a status listed here as "Combibo meus testis! Duos", one wonders why people wouldn't like him?

13. andrizoid

looked it up did you?
    if you got a problem with it...nobody cares :)
    free country, freedom of speech and all that.
    i dont have the time or patience for trolls anymore, your wasting your own time by posting here so do us a favor and dont do it again.

14. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I didn't need to look it up, but, if I am not mistaken, you have used the first person form of that verb, which gives an interesting meaning to that phrase. In other words, you seem to be saying, "I do this interesting activity."

I really don't have a problem with it, but if others keep wondering why you get into trouble there (and here), it's an interesting hint to a part of your personality.

15. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to stir anything up. Andrizoid, thank you for your work.