1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Having battery drain issues with ADW LauncherSupport

1. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Well-Known Member

I have been toying with different launchers now for a while. I've been running Holo since I got my S4. i also ran it on my HTC Evo LTE. I just moved on to ADW Launcher, and I love it! It has some cool features I like. I hate the fact that it's a battery whore though.
    I used to leave work (after 9 hours of being unplugged) at anywhere between 70 and 80% battery left. Now I'm at about the same at lunch time. I've actually drained it twice before bed since using this launcher.
    I started the thread in S4-land because I couldn't find this an issue on other phones.
    Does anyone else use this launcher and notice battery usage like this? The top 2 battery "drainers" are always Screen (given) and Google Services. That service lists - packages of G Play Services, G Services Framework, G Account Manager, Network Location, and G Contacts Sync.
    Just weird I never saw this service as a consumer when I was running Holo Launcher HD.

Advertisement
    :
  2. adeeallmark

adeeallmark Member

Have you tried go launcher ?
  3. dlphnfn

I did try it... Not a fan. Seems inflated for what it does. :confused:
    I really have no problems going back to Holo, but I'm technical by trade, so I like to find out the cause of problems if I can. :smokingsomb:
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use ADW Launcher, free version, and haven't noticed it being a battery drainer. When you check the battery tab, how much is it using?
  5. dlphnfn

ADW isn't even listed on the battery tab. I just figured the launcher wouldn't be listed directly... it would list the components. I'll try Holo for a couple days to see if there's a difference.
  6. dlphnfn

I think I've found my issue. I switched back to Holo yesterday, so I had to rebuild my screens, etc... That took battery, so I thought I'd give it a fair shot today. It's been unplugged for about 2 hours, and I'm already at 88%.
    I noticed that my screens was on super dim though from a text I got a half hour ago! :confused:
    I'll be monitoring that all day now... Anyone else seeing this issue?
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Is it possible that when you set up your screens you added a widget with a different (more often) refresh cycle than what you originally had on Holo?
    For instance, a weather widget that is updating every 15 minutes instead of once per hour - something along those lines.