having case confusion - recommendations / thoughts?General

Last Updated:

1. chezybezy

chezybezy Active Member

ok im trying to figure out what to do with my new nexus 4. any help would be appreciated as i cant figure out what to do.

given that its glass and i usually end up with one or two drops in a year im looking into cases. not to mention its slippy!

atm im using a TEMP cheap case from ebay its the sorta slim kind.

im toying with the following but cant figure out what to go for / would be needed:

official google bumper.
    Google Nexus 4 Ringke Fusion
    Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case
    something like the ArmourDillo Hybrid Protective Case.

should i get a back and front protectors?

i am in the UK so im struggling to find recommended items in other threads that i can actually get.

finally i prefer to get a charging doc as i like to use it for a bedside clock while it charges but im not sure many of the cases above will work so id be willing to use a normal stand along with a manual plug in charger if it means my phone is protected.

Advertisement
  2. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

That Ringke Fusion one is quite nice for a case actually.
  4. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

My phone due any moment and want the case now but appears to be a wait for it, as with everything else to do with this phone
  5. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

Androidified A2 TPU Case for Nexus 4 - Nexus 4 - LG - Cases

Bugdroid Circuit Case for Nexus 4 - Nexus 4 - LG - Cases

I have 3 cases from the links above: A red Bugdroid, a Teal one, and a red Androidified case. They fit extremely well, with little bulk added to the overall size. These are the first TPU cases I've owned, I usually go with Seidio. I would usually recommend them first, but the TPU cases are cheaper for similar protection. Plus, the Seidio cases weren't around when I needed them. If you care to take a look, here's a link.

SEIDIO | LG Nexus 4
  6. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

I'm using the diztronic - bought in from the States. So far I've had one big drop onto a hard wood floor and a couple of minor slips and it has paid for itself very nicely thanks. Great protection and looks sleek too.
  7. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

My official bumper case is all that i need and has taken tumbles like falling from chest height onto a hard floor and the old fashion get out of the car with it in your lap. To be honest I had forgotten it was a case for a while. I hope it plays nice with my charging orb though.
  8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I have a Diztronic TPU, Rinke Slim and a Seidio Surface and Active case.

Order of protection: Seidio Active, Surface, TPU, slim.

Personal preference: Seidio Surface, Active, Rinke Slim, TPU.
    egDonald likes this.