• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having force close issues with my camera. Help.

Godfather13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA
The past couple of days when I try to use my camera it will allow me to take one picture, then when it goes to try and store it the screen stays black and then eventually pulls up the screen saying its not responding, do I want to force close or wait.

I force close. Then if I try to open the camera back up nothing will happen. It just wont open at all. I have to power phone off and back on for it to work again. Once I do this I can open the camera up and it will let me take about 5 picutres before I get the force close again.

Im rooted with froyo using stock camera. Any ideas how to fix or work around?

The past couple of days when I try to use my camera it will allow me to take one picture, then when it goes to try and store it the screen stays black and then eventually pulls up the screen saying its not responding, do I want to force close or wait.

I force close. Then if I try to open the camera back up nothing will happen. It just wont open at all. I have to power phone off and back on for it to work again. Once I do this I can open the camera up and it will let me take about 5 picutres before I get the force close again.

Im rooted with froyo using stock camera. Any ideas how to fix or work around?

I have never heard of this problem. I guess you could try booting into recovery and clearing your cache and Dalvik cache and see if that helps.

Another option would be to use a different camera app. There are a bunch on the Android Market. I use FxCamera. It works pretty well and has some cool effects.

Reactions: Godfather13
Upvote 0
No! I never said to wipe data. :eek:

I said to wipe your cache and your Dalvik cache. Now you have lost your settings and handset's setup! :(

No, check the bottom of my post again. I edited it. I only wiped cache and dalvik cache. I went into recovery mode without your post up and thought it said data and cache for some reason, but caught my mistake before wiping.

Everything is ok. :)

Upvote 0
No, check the bottom of my post again. I edited it. I only wiped cache and dalvik cache. I went into recovery mode without your post up and thought it said data and cache for some reason, but caught my mistake before wiping.

Everything is ok. :)

Yeah. I read your post, but it was not clear what route you took. ;)

I am glad you chose wisely. By the way, did it help with your issue? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Also if you want a simple and fast camera, try sleek camera, works great and is fast, also as LBP mentioned, usually a cache and davlik wipe will resolve your issue, if not then simply create a new Nandroid backup and then reflash the Rom again. Also what version Rom are you on now ??

LBP: Ya clearing the cache seems to have worked for now. I downloaded FXcamera and its working fine without causing any force close issues so far.

DonB: Im still using the first ROM yall helped me install. aosp 2.2 froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones