having fun and learning but could use a hand

Last Updated:

1. tsouthern

tsouthern Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, so i got in to looking at roms, kernals, baseband, ect. and it is pretty fun and kind of addicting!:D Over all though i just want my system to run smooth, fast, and able to do what i want. Right know i am running this:
    Baseband- C_01.43.01P
    Kernal- 2.6.32-ulowv-1.1Ghz chevyno1
    Rom- BBV0.4

I like it and all i have read about it says it's stable and smooth, and so far it seems to be just that! Now that being said i have a couple ?
    1. Is there something better for what I want? I know people will have different opinions but lots of info i think is better than none.

2. I run rom manager and its good i think but need to learn more! where else do i get themes, kernals, ect. What do i do with all the stuff it says i have downloaded? Some of it i didn't even know i did and when i click on it the sceen just goes blank????

3. Is all that info taking space and slowing me down?

and finally #4. is there a thread some where that will give me kind of a walk through or some info on what to do with all the tool kit in BBv.4, rom manager, ect.

Thanks for any help and big thanks to all the guys and gals that take the time to make and run this stuff!!!!!:D:D Big props to you!!

Ok, now it won't let me download themes, stopota.zip, ect. Am i doing it wrong? Trying it from my phone do i have to do it from PC?? Help please!!

Advertisement
  2. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of Android! Your post cannot be answered for a lot of reasons, #1 being that you never state what it is you want the phone to do. All Roms have different features and are based on preference so any answer will be opinion. BBv.4 is the smoothest I've used. All of your questions can be answered by doing a search of the threads. You will find enough info and reading material to last you for months to come. To download themes and such go into Rom Manager and do it from there. BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! Also download root explorer from the Market, it is a paid app but well worth the money.

3. tsouthern

tsouthern Member This Topic's Starter

ok, thans for the info! I guess all i really want my phone to do is run fast and smooth for searching the internet, maps, and some of the apps i have like weather and so on. I use it for work and finding info the most. I will continue reading and see what i can learn, thanks agian!