• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having "installation unsuccessful" Market on 2.2

I recently Upgraded my captivate to 2.2. all paid apps seemed to work and download just fine, And all the free apps i had i re downloaded without any problems. but when i went to download Reckless Racing again it will not let me install it.

It downloads fine, And when it tries to download it. it gives me an error saying installation unsuccessful.

I tried all the fixes relating to that problem like clearing cache on the market app via. settings > applications > etc.. etc....

if anyone can help me id really appreciate it thanks.

I had a similar problem and fixed it by not only clearing the data of the market app and download manager (and appbrain since I use that) but also putting my androidID back to what it was supposed to be after changing the ROM. (need to get your androidID prior to upgrading, or flash back to stock to retrieve it)

There's an androidID changer on the market (assuming you can download it) and you need to be rooted as well.

If you need to flash back to stock, you can download androidID changer at that point, then back it up with titanium backup. Or if you're using the Cognition ROM, it comes with the ID changer pre-installed. (though you still need to know what your original ID is)

Also, on the subject of appbrain, also had to go to the website and delete the extra phone lists it created, apparently for the different androidID's I had each time I changed ROM's.

Upvote 0
Thanks Joedv. I not only cleared cache from the download manager and market apps but i had to do a full reset factory reset on 2.2 which sucked because once i upgraded to 2.2 I set up all my facebook contacts on my phonebook and downloaded some new free apps and such. now i have to do it all over. lol

and on the subject im not running any roms or such i should have pointed that out. I did the one click install of 2.2.. idk if that was a bad idea since everyone thats anyone in this forums has the Cognition Rom?

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone,
Most of what ya'll are talking about I don't understand :) I am having the problem of not being able to download anything from the Market. So far I tried to download the free version of Talking Tom Cat. It shows the download icon at the top left of my screen, but that's all that happens. I pull down the screen and it says download unsuccessful or installation unsuccessful. I've not been able to download anything - I just purchased the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Perkins

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones