Having Issue with Unrevoked2 install

Last Updated:

1. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey there guys I posted this in the other tread but it was getting way to long with issues so here goes mine. I got the phone rooted and have had it that way for a week or so. Wifi tether works great and I have not done anything else with it other than that.

Here is my situation, I boot up the phone hook it to usb and it shows that its setup as HTC sync, I have uninstalled HTC sync from the computer I am using. I load the driver and it says its under Android Phone, then its called Android Composite ADB Device, I launch the EVO2 and it reboots then says everything is going great until after settling system when the phone is booting back into normal mode. Right after it does the preparing SD I get an error in EVO2 that is "Communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted, try again".

What could I be missing?

Advertisement
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Uninstall the driver and reload it. You can just uninstall the driver, unplug the phone and plug it back in. It will then say android 1.0 in the device manager. Then right click android 1.0 and update the driver to the one that comes with unrevolked2. That should get you back in the game.

3. SeaGrizzly

Giving this a shot right now!

That didn't work, still get the same error and issue. The device driver loaded and asked me for permission because it was unsupported.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

So does it get a chance to flash the recovery console or not? If it did flash it you could try to boot into recovery mode and see if it took. Otherwise you need to keep trying or maybe do a reboot on your pc.

5. SeaGrizzly

You know I don't think it ever pushed the recover how would I check that out. It seems really fast and thus I don't think it pushed it out to the phone.

6. SeaGrizzly

The recovery console looks just like it did before, got a small phone icon with a triangle and an exclamation mark.

Still the same issue after a reboot as well. I just see the pushing recovery thing fly by with it going to a reboot right away. This is really frustrating because its suppose to be easy and I don't think I am an idiot, should I try a factory reset or something?

7. SeaGrizzly

Ok well I think i got it setup, finally got the message that it worked but I don't know how to get into the Recovery section to verify it, anybody remind me how to get that.