having issues! connecting moment to windows 7Support

Last Updated:

1. L2mb

L2mb Member This Topic's Starter

And yes! I have done hours of research! I have rebooted phone. Debugged rebuggged usb, mounted unmounted sd card, formated sd card, I can't get it to work, I can get the instint and hero to connect instantly and I also tried another moment and that also did not work... any ideas? I also dowbload the moment usb software

Advertisement
  2. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

Does it see the phone? I haven't connected my phone in debugging mode but I know it works under W7x64 in normal usb mode.

If you are able to mount the SD the phone is connected to something... Let me get my OS out of test mode and see if it still connects. brb

3. L2mb

Yes the computer sees the phone bc it automatically downloaded some drivers but I can not dock the phone to the usb. I guess when u plug it in a notification should come up for usband say connecct on the phone I never get this on the moment

4. L2mb

I have w7x32 and the computer dings and realizes something is connected but I cannot access the phone bc I can't select usb connect on the phone

5. dkjones96

Turn off USB debug if you have it on. The phone doesn't say anything in debug mode because it won't install drivers on the computer side with it on. I turned it off and it immediately gave me the option to mount the SD and when I did I instantly got the autoplay menu on the computer.

6. L2mb

Tried that no luck

7. dkjones96

Tried a rear USB port?

8. L2mb

i am on a laptop and i have tried all 3 usb ports

9. L2mb

the phone will charge from the data cord, the computer will recognized something is connected and it automatically downloaded like 3 drivers, but the phone itself will not connect to let the computer acess the sd card

10. dkjones96

Okay, when the phone connects does anything show up under Devices and Printers?

11. L2mb

no sir

12. L2mb

i need a 32 bit windows 7 andriod driver please

13. dkjones96

It is normal for nothing to show up when connected but not mounted. Curious why you aren't seeing the option to mount.

14. L2mb

no matter what i do for some reason i can NOT ge tthe usb icon to come up in the notification bar, i tried de bugging, rebugging, and removing battery and reinstalleding battery,

lets just start over someone tell me from the first step how to get this to work... thanks

15. sara145

sara145 New Member

This problem is very common, I am too facing the same problem

16. Cirga

Cirga Well-Known Member

I use windows 7 32 bit at home. I did not have to install any applications or drivers for it to mount my SD card. I do remember that I had to power off my phone and reseat the SD card once in order for it to give me the notification message. That only happened one time.

Under Settings - SD Card & Phone storage, you could try unmounting and remounting the SD card while its plugged into the PC to see if that makes a difference.

If nothing else.. do a factory data reset on your phone (which will wipe things.. keep in mind).. and try again without installing any 3rd party apps.

If the factory reset does not work you may just need to grab a replacement phone.

I would uninstall any app you installed to read the SD card. Windows 7 does not need anything to open your SD card from the moment.

17. L2mb

Works! Just at random! Lol idk what happened but now it mounts