Having Issues w/ Orb (Video Playback)

Last Updated:

1. penbralat

penbralat New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, up until I reset my phone to it's default settings www.orb.com and Orb's Live Events (via Android Market) were working fine; I could stream live tv to my phone. Ever since I have reset the device (I don't know if this has anything to do w/ it or not as everything else works seamless) every time I attempt stream tv to my device I get a message stating, "Sorry, this video cannot be played" or "Media file type not supported." I can't figure it out for the life of seeing how I was just watching a live football game on the device just last Saturday. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. penbralat

penbralat New Member This Topic's Starter

Bumping...

I was hoping that someone w/ the Hero would be able to shed some light on this issue. Yesterday I was able to get Orb to run via my.orb.com but I got audio and no video (just a green screen). It reminded me of a similar issue I had on my computer when attempting to view an xvid file w/out the correct codec. Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3. Audiogalaxy007

Audiogalaxy007 New Member

Try logging on to Orb.com and going to your settings. Android cannot stream .asx (windows media) files. Try one of the .3gp settings. I haven't had much luck with Orb on my Droid so far, but using a different stream format might help you.