Having Issues with my HeadPhone Jack

Last Updated:

1. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes just recently i have been having trouble with my Headphone jack its not working right when i put my headphones in the jack the sound is all distorted. It appears that the jack is loose, this is a brand new 3 month old driod . What do you think i should do go to the verizon store 2mw and see if i can get a new one??? Sadly i have asuron insurance on it ... So please tell me what you think

Thanks Tugdaturtle

Advertisement
  2. Tugdaturtle

Update: Been messing with my phone and now The headphone jack does not work at all there is no sound coming out at all even when i turn the headphones around to see if i get a connection .

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

the Droid has notoriously terrible headphone jacks. You dont have to go through asurion though. Its a hardware issue so VZW should replace it for free. From you sig it looks like you are root so you would want to unroot before you take it back though

4. Tugdaturtle

Doing that now :) Thanks Hopefully i get a Brand New one not a refurbished one Or By some 1% chance i can exchange it for a Droid X Lmao I doubt it though

5. lizzarian

lizzarian Member

I've had problems with mine too - the sound breaking up, crackling etc.

Try squirting a bit of lube in 3.5mm jack. Worked for me, in fact it's better that it ever has been.

I did post up on here before explaing this, but was immediately shot down by some thick idiot saying that I was trying to be a WD40 superhero. So much for trying to help.

If it's the same problem as mine, it's just a case of greasing the contacts so they spring back into place correctly.

Worth a try before sending it back anyhow.

6. Tugdaturtle

I went to verizon today and they tested out my headphone jack and surprisingly enough it worked for them .....(Always doesn't work when no one is around goes with anything that you wanna get a new one ) They said it was probably my headphones So i buy a brand new pair of headphones plug them in and guess what? It did the same thing its been doing Music sounded muffled cracked ect.... So Yeah kinda pisst off

7. bilbravo

bilbravo Well-Known Member

This happened to my first phone (and the replacement I got--refurb) had the same issue so I had to get a 3rd. They just have a bad implementation.

Take it back again. It's not completely broken, just loose and/or has a short. Ask them to move it around a bit--which simulates what happens in real world use. Not twisting or anything, but when you walk and/or move the cord does move and I was getting bad static.

FYI you will get a reburb if they have any, or they will mail you one. I suppose there is a low chance of getting a new unit, but it seems unlikely.