Having issues with Myxer and Hero, HELP!!!

Last Updated:

1. garrisonboy

garrisonboy Member This Topic's Starter

I have used Myxer with my last three phones and never ever any issues. Got my Hero last week and everytime I try to download a ringtone, it says loading video and then tells me I can not play media type. On my old phones it would simply download file. Any ideas on how to get the tones into the Hero so I can start using them as rings? Any help is greatly appreciated. I did try to simply hook the phone up to my computer and load the tones that way, but not sure what file I need to place them in. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

What format are the ringtones? The file extension?

3. al_mac04

al_mac04 Member

I am having an issue as well with myxer & the ringtones... I had a bb tour before my hero and i could download the ringtones off of myxer flawlessly but now when i try the same process from the hero i get a msg:"ui3.myxer.sprintpcs.com cannot finish download. there is (w/e date it is) not enough space". the format of the ringtones is mp3, I have more than enough space on my sdcard & also space on the phone...

4. pookeywookie

pookeywookie Member

i had the same problem download tonepicker from the market and then try to go to myxer again and u will be able to download and use tone picker to set sounds as ringtones or u can set them from ur music player too just hit menu and its a option to set as ring tone there too

5. slink68

slink68 New Member

you have to change your internet to mobile web before downloading from myxer

6. pookeywookie

pookeywookie Member

I use skyfore and it is not letting me download it says it cant be played and i have the hero with sprint and i am having the same issue it says i have the moto deroid and ii have the hero and it wont let me change it