• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Having issues with using wifi tether

Status
Not open for further replies.

xconcept

Lurker
Nov 29, 2011
Ok so over the weekend I decided to root my Charge and after going through the steps on youtube for gingerbread ([EXP] Root Droid Charge Froyo and Gingerbread - YouTube) I had success.

I found a apk file for a wifi tether and got it up and running, however I was receiving a SU binary update out of date and needed to update. My upload/download when the program was pretty slow too(.40kb/.23kb) so I decided to update.

However after getting through the Fixing database, Checking busybox, current install path and downlading new binary ok, when I get to checking md5sum I get a FAIL. So I rolled back SU and downloaded barnacle. It would work the first time I start it after downloading, again crappy speeds. After I stopped and restarted it I get these errors and the wifi tether doesn't start:

- NAT: Could not set NTU of pdpbr1: Invalid argument
- WIFI: Could not set ad-hoc mode of eth0: Invalid argument
- Connected to NAT
- Running...
- WIFI: Conld not set ssid of eth0: Invalid argument
- Stopped unexpectedly!

Trying to keep SU updated besides the binary I get the same errors with both programs from the start. I have root checker and am rooted correctly. What am I missing or doing wrong?

X

Upvote 0
You can never convince the theives to not tether. Unfortunately, most of these guys think that because they pay for a data plan, they can use it however they like. They don't seem to understand that they signed a contract that prohibits certain usage.

Quoted for truth.

It's worth mentioning that tethering is considered theft of service and the site owner has made it clear that he won't allow discussion of theft on the site that he owns.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones