• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having problem with mixing themes.

TMAKDroid

Lurker
Feb 27, 2010
I just used metamorph for the first time today and I am trying to experiment with the different theme options. I had the smoked glass theme installed and I liked it a lot but I wanted something new so I installed the droidhex theme just to see what it was like. There was a couple things I liked about the droidhex theme but the widgets say problem loading widgets and most of my home screen icons disappeared I want to get rid of the icons the droidhex theme came with and just keep the smoked glass ones cuz I like the way the two themes mixed. I need help figuring out how to take the droidhex icons off and fixing the widgets that won't load. If those things can't be done then I need to learn how to take the droidhex theme off completely. Thanks for your help.

You'd probably be better off asking this in the root forum, but from what I understand it's better to go from stock to theme than from one theme to another theme.

I think for just adding in smoked glass icons to your other theme what you need to do is open up the apk or zips in your preferred theme and find the res/framework folder and then replace the icon PNGs with the ones you want from smoked glass.

Then load it up in metamorph and see if it will install. I'm not 100% sure if it will since it wont be signed but you'll know soon enough.

If all you want to do it go back to all smoked glass theme, just re-flash the smoked glass ROM.

* to open a de-odex apk in windows rename it with a .zip extension and you should be able to extract it and look at the files inside.

Also, major disclaimer:

I havent tried any of this so do at your own risk/ I am not a metamorph expert so maybe it's best someone else who is will confirm these steps before you do them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones