General having problems adding e-mail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heavydrop, Apr 30, 2010.

1. heavydrop

heavydrop Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Im new to the forums and i just got my phone today from Fed Ex. Im having problems adding yahoo emal accts but I added a live acct easily. I apologize if this is a stupid question. I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Advertisement
  2. iBowToAndroid

iBowToAndroid Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Male
    Wireless
    Twin Cities MN
    Yahoo cannot be set up via Wifi, make sure you are not on Wifi.. This has been reported by several users so far- I am looking into this tomorrow at work. You can PM me to see what I found out, if you like..

3. BuTbKa

BuTbKa Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    SoCal
    I had no problem at all, just entered login and password info, and boom - it's done. Receiving e-mails, and everything:thinking:.

4. dbrits

dbrits Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Southern California
    How!? What black magic is this??!! (Or did you connect via 3G and not Wi-Fi? ;) )

5. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    nobody bothers to mention this dirty little secret.. i guess they figure you will just use twitter instead of email..

6. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    do what it says in the 3rd post on this page

7. Kyuss

Kyuss Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    The IMAP settings will get hosed though anytime you turn on wi-fi. Yahoo never officially announced IMAP, seems like they want to keep it for mobiles only. That said, I have an AT&T Yahoo email since AT&T is my ISP and I had no issues setting it up for POP.