• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having problems with GPS in maps app.

dave11980

Lurker
Feb 26, 2009
I have a t-mobile g1 running OTA 1.5 cupcake firmware. Not rooted or unlocked. I'm not sure if this is something possibly related to cupcake or not since I haven't tried this since well before the update. When I use GPS in the maps application my on map indicator would follow me as I drove down the road so I could keep up with where I was on the map. Now GPS will fix my location and set my indicator but not move my map indicator down the road with me. Any ideas?

I have a t-mobile g1 running OTA 1.5 cupcake firmware. Not rooted or unlocked. I'm not sure if this is something possibly related to cupcake or not since I haven't tried this since well before the update. When I use GPS in the maps application my on map indicator would follow me as I drove down the road so I could keep up with where I was on the map. Now GPS will fix my location and set my indicator but not move my map indicator down the road with me. Any ideas?

I have one phone that is OTA 1.5 and one that is ADP 1.5 ... Google Maps will follow fine on the ADP ... but starts to follow and stop on the OTA 1.5 ...
So yes Google Maps has and issue ....

I have an App "1 Click Direction" and the "Follow Me" works fine on Both...
so it is not a problem for it ... but must be the way the GPS+Google maps is now being updated ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones