Having problems with my EVO hotspotSupport

Last Updated:

1. doucarsha

doucarsha New Member This Topic's Starter

It will not connect to my laptop? Any suggestions? Win Vista. works on other device but with laptop, takes longer to connect and connect but with limited connectivity, no internet access. Please help

Advertisement
  2. doucarsha

anyone?

3. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member

is it an administration issue?
    Wep key enabled?
    How did you do a set up for the hotspot?

I created and connected a hotspot for my iPad and touch took a total time of about 15 minutes.

4. doucarsha

its gotta be an issue with the laptop, although it connects with all other connections just fine..no wep enabled at the moment, i tried with and without..i have sucessfully connected a ps3 and a blackberry to it, just an issue with the laptop...just so happens to be my main computer though

5. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

go into your network connection setting and make sure where it says Iv4 and Iv6 or whatever that it will automatically obtain Ip address vs having it set up to a specific IP address. I had the same problem.:cool:

Bagua likes this.
  6. doucarsha

Thanks Travis, that did the trick!! After a week without internet thats all i had to do...

7. yhwh1479

yhwh1479 New Member

I'm having the same problem, but, I don't quite understand what you are saying that I have to do? I can connect to my XP but I can't connect to my windows vista laptop. It says limited or local connection only. Please help!

8. yhwh1479

yhwh1479 New Member

How do I access my network connection?

9. Evo89

Evo89 New Member

Im having the same problem with connceting my hotspot to my laptop. I read about checking to make sure that the Ip address is auto but Im really not sure of how to even get to that setting on my laptop. Any suggestions? I have an Acer

10. theroyalwe

theroyalwe New Member

Depending on your version of windows you need to go into the network connections screen from the control panel. then right click on your network adapter and left click on properties.

from there scroll down the list of protocols etc to the ipv4 tcp/ip one and double click. You should see the setting to obtain an IP address automatically.

11. courtney787

courtney787 New Member

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO USE MY SPRINT HOTSPOT ON MY HTC EVO 4G 3D FOR 2 MONTHS AND CANNOT GET IT TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET ON MY TOSHIBA LAPTOP. IT CONNECTS FINE TO MY PC AND OTHER LAPTOP (ACER) BUT I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WITH THE OTHER COMPUTER??????

IF ANYONE HAS ANY INPUT THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! I HAVE TRIED JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING! I EVEN TRIED USB TETHERING...AND STILL COULD NOT ACCESS THE INTERNET!!!! UGH!!!!

HEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!:confused:

12. Icey815

Icey815 New Member

I need assistance with this issue also...someone please help. I am using Vista also.