Having problems with my upgraded Android version.Support

Last Updated:

1. Espiritual

Espiritual New Member

Not sure if I'm placing this in the correct section or not. Pardon me if I didn't.

Model: Droid Bionic
    Android Version: 4.0.4

So I finally upgraded my Android version after much procrastination and now I wish I kept procrasting.

Been having problems with the updated version especially in different forums. When I make a title to a forum, it takes previous titles that I've made as a dropdown and when I need to move the arrow to a certain location in the title name, it takes it as an autofill of a previous thread name. This has been making me bat crazy.

My other problem is that I used to enjoy having my gallery having mainly only photos I've taken in there. Since the update, it takes EVERY single image on my phone and places in there and I can't find anything properly. I try and keep images in my gallery as minimal as possible and with this current set up, I can't.

I've tried looking in my settings but can't find anything. I'm not sure if I missed something.

Many thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

The first question is ... did you do a Factory Data Rest after upgrading to ICS? If you haven't it is strongly recommended that you do.

I use ... QuickPic ... as an image organizer/viewer. It gives much more control than My Gallery of how it is presented.

... Thom
  3. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

I agree with Thom Little on the Factory Reset... this is HIGHLY recommended after a major OS change, which this is.

For photo management I recommend F-Stop Media Gallery, the author is a regular user over at DroidForums and is very responsive to any issues or questions.
  4. Espiritual

Espiritual New Member

My problem is that not everything fits onto my SD card that's on the phone itself and I don't have access to a computer to back everything up. (Even the assistance can not back up my stuff and rejects PIN numbers. That feature has been broken since I got this phone a year ago. Even the technical support at Motorola and Verizion couldn't figure it out. :( )
    So I take it I'm screwed there.

But I'll try out the suggested stuff for the gallery.
  5. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

If I understand you you want to backup the pictures on your SD card, you don;t have a computer to connect to, and you don;t have room for it on your SD-Ext card.

Many people simply store their pictures directly on their SD-Ext card.

You could invest in a larger SD-Ext card and then copy the SD card images to the larger SD-Ext card.

You could get a second SD-Ext card simply for backups ... pull the current SD-Ext card ... insert the second SD-Ext card ... make backups ... pull the second SD-Ext card ... insert the original SD-Ext card.

With regards to My Gallery ... it was in my opinion clunky in Gingerbread and it is also clunky in ICS ... I called the Gingerbread version iGallery and I guess that makes the ICS version My iGallery. I like QuickPic and there are others.

... Thom
    SNeitzel likes this.
  6. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

IMHO, the gallery on my OG Droid was passable, the version that came on the Bionic was a POS. I installed QuickPic as well and have never looked back.
  7. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

You can get some significant storage in the cloud with Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Copy those pictures to Picasa or something similar. As suggested, get a bigger microsd card and move pictures, music, videos, downloads, backups, etc. to the sd-ext.