• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having Some Issues With SS Victory 4G LTE.. moving things to SD card etc..

joshm662

Dec 30, 2011
I just got my new Samsung Victory 4G LTE phone yesterday with the new Jellybean 4.1.2 on it and it's through Virgin Mobile.... anyways, I'm having some issues I've never had with any of my previous smart phones...

1. I can't seem to move ANY apps to my SD card. I bought a new 16GB card when I got the phone and put it in like I always do... but for some reason whenever I download ANY app, I'm never given the option to "Move To SD" like I always used to have. Simple apps like Shazam, Android Assistant, Brightest Flashlight, Google Sky Map, Scanner Radio... NONE of them offer me that option.. even when I go into the Apps or even trying to use Link 2SD... I can't move not ONE single app to my SD.. it's just going to pile up all of my apps on my phone and kill my storage! What the heck is going on? And no, I have no urge to root my phone, I didn't root my HTC EVO 4G 3D phone, I didn't have to because I was able to put things on my SD card!

2. I'm having trouble using my phone for storing music. For instance, I'll plug my phone into my desktop computer and drag/drop a bunch of songs onto it and then, once I try to delete some of the songs off my phone, or add new ones, I'll get an alert saying it was "Disconnected" and then the only way to fix it is, not simply unplug my phone from the computer and plug it back in, no... I have to completely RESTART my phone and then plug it back into my computer, WTH?!

Are there a lot of issues with these phones? I've literally only had it for 18 hours.. I can't wait to see what new issues arise. Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks for ANY and ALL help!

Wow, not many people with these devices huh? I just got one and have the same problem. From what I've read it's an idiotic decision that Google made with newer versions of Android (4.1 and above, I think).

I've rooted my phone in hopes that would work, no dice. I have been looking up tutorials as well on swapping the internal and external sdcard but haven't had any success there either.

If you notice the "My Files" app has an option for setting your home folder, but on mine it is greyed out despite having root. However there you can at least set your folders for Music, Video, etc. so you should be able to fix that?

With such a small internal storage it is maddening that you can't do this. Maybe it's collusion between Google and Samsung to make you want to buy higher end devices with more internal storage?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones