Having Task Killer issues since 2.2???Support

Last Updated:

1. unknowndroid

unknowndroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not a fan of Task Killer for all the reasons that have been mentioned and debated all over this forum and many others.

If you have been using one, however and it seems to be functioning differently or not at all since your update to 2.2, here is the answer:

Froyo update kills Android task killer apps | andrew | Androinica

Advertisement
  2. avaloncourt

avaloncourt Member

Yep, that's what it said in the first-run pop-up when I downloaded Froyo Task Killer. What I think is odd is that Advanced Task Killer lets me kill apps that were installed prior to the upgrade but not after. If the function has been removed why will it let me do it to the pre-2.2?

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

4. TJLeonard

TJLeonard Member

I don't like using task killers for killing tasks....well, I do, but it has nothing to do with the speed in which the phone goes. I use it honestly to improve battery life. I used my dx from 8am to like 6pm and had roughly 40% battery life. While this is great, I noticed when I installed ATK, I would go from 8am to 6pm with the same amount of usage, and still have 70% battery life. Now with Froyo, the battery life is still roughly 60% by 6pm, not much worse....either way - I think it helps with battery more than I do performance. I think performance wise, it actually slows the phone down a little.

5. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

My phone has been running great after I factory reset (after installing Froyo) and the first thing I noticed is that I didn't have any sort of Task Killer installed. Just suck it up people -- you don't need a task killer. Everything runs very smoothly without it and you waste more battery killing apps than keeping them running. Let Android do what Android does best. :)

6. TJLeonard

TJLeonard Member

Phoenix.....No one uses a task killer on the DX for performance, as it is great if not better without the task killer. When I noticed my battery life changes.....I had to keep it. Sorry .... the life is just amazing with a task killer. It is good without, but perfect with.

7. androidb

androidb Well-Known Member

Yes, read that article back when it came out. After reading about how Android works I don't understand why people still use task killers. The article is basically telling you flat out you don't need one. Keep in mind who wrote that article:

[This post is by Dianne Hackborn, a Software Engineer who sits very near the exact center of everything Android.