• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having the same problem I "solved" with Play Store

noxxtar

Feb 18, 2015
Last time I had troubles with Google Play not downloading anything. I came here for help, but while I was trying to fix it myself, I managed to update Youtube and Twitter after updating Google Services, but the problem appeared again.

So here is the issue: whenever I download something from Google Play, it says that my download is "paused", even tho there is nothing else downloading.Even after I close the download, it still shows it's downloading. The notification won't disapper unless I force stop Download Manager. I did absolutely everything, to the point where I factory reseted twice.

I thought about rooting it, but that would void my 2 year warranty and I am afraid to change anything since I'm not familiar with using SP Flash tool. While I rooted I thought about completly removing Play Store and re-installing it, or download a custom ROM for my phone.

Others with the same model had this problem as well. This phone's ROM is somehow compatible with this phone's ROM: Gionee Marathon M5. It has the same specs as this one as well.

So, should I use my warranty? Or does anybody have a simple fix for this issue?

A little bumb here
So I have FINALLY fixed this but in a way I never expected it to do.
While I was trying to do something I thought "yo maybe my power saving has something to do with this", so I immediately turned off power saving and restarted my phone. ASAP I opened google play store and tried to download an app. IT WORKED! But the next time I tried it didn't.
So I restarted my phone again to see if it consistent. It worked but I couldn't update 2 apps in a row.
So I have to restart my phone everytime I want to update an app? **** that, there has to be something else.
So I decided to stop every single background process on my phone and IMMEDIATELY after that download an app. It worked.

This is still very inconsistent, but it is a progress in my research. I'm going to use Greenify to help this situation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones