Having Trouble Accessing Epic Bootloader

Last Updated:

1. bbymig23

bbymig23 New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought an Epic yesterday, and so far, I like the phone a lot. The only trouble is that I seem to be having a hard time getting to the bootloader. I already tried the standard method of holding down the volume down button while powering up. In fact, I tried it about two dozon times, lol. I also tried holding volume up, and the camera or convenience button, or whatever you want to call it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. spades86

spades86 Member

have you tried holding the power button, the home button (capacitive on front of phone), and either the volume up or down? I heard this is how other samsung galaxy s phones get to the bootloader

3. bbymig23

bbymig23 New Member This Topic's Starter

Actually, the real problem is that I am an idiot. The thing I am trying to reach is recovery mode, not "bootloader". This explains why google and forum searches kept coming up with the wrong info, causing me to waste hours of my life, lol. I suppose you can't expect the right answer, when you are not asking the right question. All you can expect is 42.

Anyway, the answer is, hold down the power, volume down, and the camera button at the same time. I found the info on a thread on this site, by the way. :)

novox77 likes this.
  4. crhopkins

crhopkins Member

42. nice.