Having trouble connecting to home wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. patio87

patio87 Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my droid today, and when I first brought it home it worked fine with my wifi. I then went out to a restaurant and connected to the restaurant's wifi. I then came home and went to sleep. After I got up and continued playing with my my droid I couldn't connect to my wifi.

The wifi settings shows my wifi under Wifi networks, but when I click it and hit connect it doesn't even try to connect, it just says "Disconnected" under Wifi. If the phone goes on stand by, and I turn it back on it says "connecting" but never actually connects.

Advertisement
  2. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

You can try disabling and then reenabling wifi. If that doesn't work, reboot your phone. And if THAT doesn't work, check your Internet/router.

3. patio87

Here's what's weird. I got home from work today and I was automatically connected to my wifi NETWORK(not the internet because of un related issues) but after a short while I lost the connection and was unable to connect again just like before. My dad is able to stay connected without a problem on his Droid.

Sent from my Droid

4. patio87

**Responding here what I did to fix MY issues just in case someone else comes across this tread with the same problem**

I needed to go into my router configuration(check your documentation on how to do this, or call your router/modem tech support) configure my PPP setting. Apparently ATT had done some switch with my primary email(username) that is used to authenticate the router or something. So the username that is listed for me is my email address.

ATT supplied me with the proper email that I was supposed to use for this field as well as the new password. I turned off the router and let it start back up, I was then able to connect to my droid to my wifi.