• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having trouble downloading

purcash16

Lurker
May 19, 2014
Whenever I download using uTorrent and the file needs me s=to save something to the obb directory I have trouble. First off, there was no obb file under the Android file. I created one but whenever I try and move the files from phone to sd card I am having trouble. Please help!

Welcome to AF purcash16:)
Not exactly sure what you are trying to do or download?
Is it a game or something from the PlayStore or Amazon?

Anything I download will not go to extsdcard. Music, games, apps, whatever. I can't change my home directory to my SD card under the stock file manager app. So far everything I download downloads to the phones emulated sd card storage. Also what is the difference between sdcard0, extsdcard, and emulated under the storage hierarchy?

Upvote 0
Not sure about moving things to the sd card, as I don't do that :eek:
What about in menu/manage applications/ swipe to the right to the "SD Card" screen to see what can be moved????

Anyway, the sdcard0 and emulated are basically the same thing. (internal storage)
I know, it's hard for me to comprehend ;) And the extsd is the removable sd card.

Are you running out of internal storage that you would prefer to move apps to the extsd?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones