Having trouble getting around the 16GB of RAM...General

1. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Well-Known Member

I don't mind the non-removable battery too much nor do I mind the LTE/dual-core tradeoff. However, I'm having a hard time with the 16GB of onboard storage as opposed to the 32GB in the international versions. Anyone know why this was limited in the U.S. to just 16GB? I do store a lot of music on my phone even though I use Google Music cloud as well - and the 16GB is a bit disturbing. I'm not sure I can get around that. Darn - I really was looking forward to this too.

Advertisement
  2. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

ouch, really? hang on so surely this is more One S spec rather than X then?
  3. KupKrazy

Yup, it's only the U.S. version for AT&T that is limited to 16GB it seems. The non-AT&T ones seem to have a 32GB on board storage. The price to pay for LTE network coverage I guess thought I don't know why the on board storage had to be lessened unless there was no space for it.

That being said, I don't think you'll see any such limitations in your version available there!
  4. eddiewawa

sooo...the US versions are basically a HTC One S-XL? rather than the One X? i.e. a One S with a bigger screen?
  5. craZDude

craZDude Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what it looks like, yeah.
  6. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

why don't you just buy the international version and use it without Lte?
  7. eddiewawa

I guess then he wouldnt get a subsidised phone out of a deal? and if your area had LTE...wouldnt you want the fastest connection possible? I certainly would reconsider my options if the UK had LTE readily available...
  8. NewUser0

NewUser0 Well-Known Member

depends on the person. at home, work, or school, i have WiFi anyways, so data speeds never mattered much to me.
  9. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

10. KupKrazy

Yes, the cost would be subsidized by AT&T but apart from that, I did consider the international version. I am also a "grandfathered" unlimited data user with AT&T and they recently clarified their data throttling for those with unlimited data. The limit before they start throttling is 3GB/mo, but for those who use LTE, it is 5GB/mo. So, I'm trying to figure out how much that is worth it to me.