Having trouble installing Skyraider 2.5.2...help

Last Updated:

1. disciple87

disciple87 Member This Topic's Starter

I have rooted with unrevoked 3....done a nandroid backup, done the unrevoked forever and sucessfully upgraded my radio to the 2.15. I downloaded sky2.5.2 and put it in the root of my sd card. when I boot into recovery and and try to install the zip from sd card it keeps saying "aborted". Is there something that I need to do before installing Skyraider? Everything is working fine on my phone, the call quality is amazing now, I just can't get up to 2.2!

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to re-download the ROM, then clear cache, clear data, and THEN install zip from SD card

3. disciple87

So I clear cache and data from recovery? Do you mean a factory reset or just the cache partitions option?

4. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I downloaded the ROM to the SD card and tried using the "Install ROM from SD Card" option in ROM manager and it aborted. So I deleted the ROM from my card and used "Download ROM" option in ROM Manager instead and everything worked. In ROM manager it's listed under "Ihtfp69". It's one of the first ones listed.

5. disciple87

Oh ok Yea thats the same thing that I did. So rom manager must have screwed me up. Thanks a lot I'll try that.

6. disciple87

And mathew is that the sense version? Because that's what I want.

7. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have the sense version. You can get either one through ROM Manager.

disciple87 likes this.
  8. disciple87

Im rooted to skyraider and have the 3g mobile hotspot app. If i use it will i have to pay for it through verizon or will it be free bc im rooted?

9. nicball

nicball Member

If you looked closely it think it was saying 'signature not valid' on the ROM and aborting. Mine did this and I thought it was a bad download, tried again with new download same results. Simply told it to ignore signature...and tada loaded fine haven't had any issues.

10. nicball

nicball Member

Yea, just go grab Wireless Tether from the market. This will give you the ability to tether multiple devices for free without worrying about Verizon.