Having trouble on Facebook with my 10.1Support

Last Updated:

1. dtbm51

dtbm51 Member

A couple of weeks ago, Samsung had an automatic update. Since then it seems that I'm having trouble commenting or navigating on Facebook. Samsung did a factory restore and my tablet was reset, but it is still happening. They suggested I send it in to them, but before I go through that hassle of not having my tablet and then downloading all my apps and setting up my email accounts again, I thought I'd try to find out if anyone else wasexperiencing this too. I just typed this out without a problem, so why should I have it on Facebook?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Catfish

Catfish Well-Known Member

Facebook's app is pathetic. Over 50% of its user base review lower than 5 stars which probably means more than half of the people using it have at least some minor issues with it.

I think the problem is more likely to be Facebook's app rather than your tablet. Do you experience similar problems with other apps or only with the Facebook app?
  3. Coach70

Coach70 Well-Known Member

I have no problems commenting or navigating on Facebook, so there is something different about Facebook on your tablet compared to mine. That said, Facebook messes up the photos in Facebook by zooming into one side of a photo so I can only see a portion of the posted photo.
  4. ComputerGranny

ComputerGranny Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Facebook app in months. I just have a shortcut to my browser bookmark. Facebook is still pretty slow but that's just Facebook. I got tired of the truncated pics, lowsy sync on the widget, etc. Just not worth the hassle.
  5. bsturgis740

bsturgis740 New Member

Im having problems with Facebook. Mine won't play the videos on Facebook anymore. are you having that problem? becca
  6. ComputerGranny

ComputerGranny Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Facebook app in months because of the photo problem. It's been a known problem with the app for a long time. I just have a shortcut to my browser bookmark for Facebook. The updating of widget is so erratic I don't feel I'm missing much.
  7. BradleyED

BradleyED Member

I don't know if any of you have tried the Facebook app recently or not. They have fixed a lot of things, including making it look like it is tablet aware. It works full screen width now, and doesn't show thumbnails of pictures any more. It shows the full picture, pretty much, scaled to the width of the screen. Mine still crops a LITTLE off really big pictures until I click them. Much better now.