• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] having trouble putting rom on phone from computer

hurricane630

Oct 11, 2011
Greenville, SC
Alright, I'm attempting to go from aokp build 39 4.0.4 to aokp 4.2.1

Step by step what I did:
1. Got most recent version of CWM
2. put rom and gapps on phone
3. When putting rom on phone it asked a question about being able to play media files and said "YES(recommended) or NO."
4. Hit yes, and computer said "cannot copy file ... skip file?" I hit no and then canceled, attempted to copy file again, and selected "NO" instead of recomended file and it said it can not copy the file.
5. Ultimately I selected "Yes(Recommended)" and chose to "Skip file for any that can not be copied"
6. wiped data/cache.
7. as expected Rom did not work. it said aborted. BAD.
8. Tried redownloading the rom and when I attempt to put it back on my phone, no matter what as soon as I try, it always says "cannot copy file"

I'd like to try CM 10.1 cause I've heard good things, but I can not find this rom anywhere so if someone could give me a link please. Also can someone please explain why I can not even put aokp 4.2.1 on my phone?

could someone give me a VERY VERY detailed and idiot proof walk through?? I need to know how to get jellybean bootloader(I am unlocked) and a link, how to get rom on my phone(properly apparently), gapps(link to rom and gapps please) and what I need to wipe. and anything I'm forgetting.

I thought I remembered how to do this, but obviously I was mistaken. I have not messed with rooting on my phone for about 8-10 months, but I'd like to get back in it and up to date. Just need what seems to be a lot of help!

Sorry its so long, but thank you for your help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones