Having trouble w Droid/ rooted using Z4root.

Last Updated:

1. FamousJavi

FamousJavi Member This Topic's Starter

Noob here. I used Z4 root & have the cyanogen mod? Bought SetCpU & like that I can use wireless tether now, but I have a major problem. Whenever my phone completely dies, it has been a hassle to turn it back on. I'll charge it & when it's loading the Motorola Symbol comes on, blacks out, turns, on, & repeats. This sometimes happens even when someone turns off my phone & it had full battery didn't want to turn back on. I have to reboot, & reset my phone when this happens & even that becomes a pain to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this is basic question that has been answered before, I tried to search & didn't find any with this problem.

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

the kernal you have loaded is not agreeing with your phone. try a different speed/voltage/kernal and see what that gets ya. or just back the speed down on set cpu. not all phones can overclock above 1GHz.

FamousJavi likes this.
  3. FamousJavi

Still having trouble, I downloaded a new rom & my phone didn't want to start. I had to do an Advance Restore to get my phone back to how it was before. Now, I re-rooted my phone using Z4root, paid $5 for thr Premium Rom Manager app & when I download a new rom & it reboots, the screen has a phone with a white triangle & yellow exclamation point inside triangle & remains that why. I'm able to turn my phone off & on to get it back to normal but when I re-try to download a rom same thing ends up happening. Help please!

4. trav473

it sounds like your root access isn't quite working. you didn't waste your money on rom manager, its worth the money, and the donation to the devsis appreciated, i'm sure. fist off, have you flashed clockwork recovery within rom manager?

5. FamousJavi

Yes, I flashed within Rom Manager. When I go to download new rom same thing happens! What should I do?

6. trav473

ok, give this a shot. go into Rom Manager, scroll to the bottom and select "Flash Alternate Recovery" flash SPRecovery, then scroll back up to the top and flash Clockworkmod Recovery again. then try to flash a rom.

7. jflattery1167

jflattery1167 New Member

I moved up to a Coby 7005 Android tablet. I am redesigning a VPN app for my security companies 84 country VPN.

I used z4root successfully to root the device, but I was following instructions meant for the coby 7015. I got to the point of booting into clockwork and the devices buttons are different so I could not move down and select backup. Any ideas,

I want to upgrade the device where possible and allow the use of Google Market apps. The device appears rooted, and I see the superuser Icon, but I want to backup so I can restore if need be. Thanks for any help.