having usb driver problems for my behold 2Support

Last Updated:

1. s10shane

s10shane Member This Topic's Starter

i have hooked it up many times and it always tells me drivers not installed. i tried to root my cell but it wont pick up my cell so im stuck and cant figure it out. can someone please help me. i got windows 7 64bit. i want to root my cell but its my first time doing it so im just learning how to do it. here is what the website said to do, to root it. but when i pull up the command prompt and put this in "cd\
    cd AndroidSDK\Tools\
    adb devices" it never finds my cell when i hit enter on the part that says adb devices... so please someone help me out if u have had the same problem.. thanks:mad:

Root the Samsung Behold2/Galaxy

1. Download the following file and then unzip it.
    Try3
    2. Take the unzipped file and save it into the Tools folder of your AndroidSDK. (Make sure that the Android sdk folder has been renamed to AndroidSDK and when it is opened it shows the tools folder next without having to open a second sub folder. Follow the instructions in the How To SetUp ADB we have here on the site for more info).
    3. Plug your phone in via USB and do NOT mount the SD card.
    4. Open the [COLOR=#00C800 ! important][COLOR=#00C800 ! important]Command [COLOR=#00C800 ! important]Prompt[/color][/color][/color][​IMG]
    and type the following (hitting enter at the end of every line):
    cd\
    cd AndroidSDK\Tools\
    adb devices
    And make sure your phone

Advertisement
  2. Sammynisamsam

Sammynisamsam Member

Does your PC not recognize your phone? Can you connect your phone to your PC to where you can transfer files?

3. s10shane

no it doesnt at all. i cant do anything at all. i cant find any good drivers that work or anything.

4. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

First of all is USB Debugging and Samsung PC Studio checked off?
    You might have to toggle those.

You can look at device manager and see if you see ADB interface. If your ADB is showing up with an !, you can try these drivers: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Once ADB Interface Drivers are working properly you should be able to get root easily.

5. s10shane

well it shows that the adb driver is good but it thinks my behold 2 is a samsung galaxy. but it says the drivers are fine but when i opened the command thing and do these 3 steps
    cd\
    cd AndroidSDK\Tools\
    adb devices
    after i hit enter on adb devices it says list of devices attached and nothing is there. this crap is way confusing for me. i dont understand what i am doing wrong. it sounded easy to root the cell phone.

6. s10shane

well nevermind i somehow figured it out. i guess it never installed the adb driver for my phone so thats why it would never show up when i went to root it and it never found any phones hooked up.

7. Chrismith16

Chrismith16 New Member

So, could someone sum up how I can tether my behold 2 to my pc? (windows 7 32bit)

8. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

First off, this thread is talking about something else. Secondly, go on the market, check out easy tether, pdanet, and a few others. I've try both the ones I've mentioned. They work fine (except for the restrictions on the trial versions.), but I haven't used them in a while. If you're looking at anything else from the market, make sure they don't require root. If you're rooted, there are alot of other options.

9. Chrismith16

Chrismith16 New Member

I've tried pdanet and easytether. Neither work because my computer does not recognize the usb driver on my phone (if there is one). That's the reason for my post on this particular forum. I should've been more specific. First, I need to know how to get my pc to recognize my phone. Then I can tether. I'm not sure if I need to root my phone to fix this or not (it is not currently rooted).

Noob question: what does it mean to root a phone?