• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Having weird issue w/my SD card

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
My phone seems to be having weird issues reading my SD card. I found this out when I took a bunch of pics this morning, got to work and found they weren't on the phone. Performed some testing and found that any pictures I take are not being saved to the card. Further testing showed that if I download playlists/songs from Amazon MP3, Amazon MP3 still reports there is no music on the card. However, Doggcatcher is able to download and play podcasts without any issues or complaints.

So, I fired up Astro and started browsing around the SD card. The songs I downloaded from Amazon MP3 are indeed there, the app just doesn't see them. There are no images in the DCIM folder. So, apparently the camera is not saving images at all, Amazon MP3 is saving files, but can't read them and DoggCatcher is working just fine. Thinking the SD card was jacked, I swapped it with a known good one. No dice. Same problem on the other card. I've formatted the card and it made no difference. Mog seems to have no problems reading the card and reading downloaded music. Any ideas?

I tried running fix permissions as that was the only thing I could think of that might cause this problem, but got the message, "an error occured while attempting to run privileged commands." Any idea? I'm at a loss short of wiping/rebuilding, but I really don't want to do that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones