1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Hawx won't load

Last Updated:

1. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just downloaded and installed HAWX from Gameloft. After installing the apk, and downloading the additional data the game quit and I was dropped back to my home screen. Now when I start the game, it gets as far as the HAWX splash screen and then I am dropped back to my home screen. tried a reboot, same problem. Running Froyo.

Advertisement
  2. RTAdams89

And now it says "This is not an original copy of hawx"... Awesome, what a scam

3. bengmo

bengmo Member

return it for a refund and tell the dev to fix it to work with froyo IMO

4. insanerob

insanerob New Member

Hi,
    You can fix the not an original copy message by deleting the whole gameloft folder ( presuming you haven't bought any other gameloft games you'd like to keep ). It will now let you redownload the files as it should ... It will of course still crash after the HAWX screen though :( I've got a ticket open with gameloft as I have exactly the same issue , I'll post anything I find out from them. Try not to be so hard on Gameloft yet. Their tech guys didn't kick up a fuss about DRM or anything, they just sent me another link to download HAWX after I deleted it.

5. RTAdams89

I emailed them (throug thier web form) the same day I bought it, and no reply. If you get a solution, please do share.

6. tebower

tebower Well-Known Member

My Hawx has always worked fine. Gameloft's non-market webstore does completely suck, though. Sorry for your woes! Tell them to use the Android Market.

7. RTAdams89

I just got this response from the support email I sent in:

So... they have a bunch of games (the HD+ games) that they know don't work, yet are still selling!?

8. insanerob

insanerob New Member

I got exactly the same response .... I'm hoping it'll work on Froyo seeing as Gameloft haven't said how long it will take to fix and I reckon Froyo will be here first :)

Rob

9. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Delete gameloft folder > disable wifi > put your phone in airplane mode > then reinstall

It will ask you if you want to download additional data thru wifi > select yes and let it load up.

It should work then.

EDIT - Also, it's probably not compatible with froyo yet, try rolling back to an eclair build.

10. RTAdams89

Already tried this on Froyo. Doesn't work.

Tried this as well, and no go. Maybe it isn't compatible with Froyo, but the email from Gameloft didn't say anything about this.

I got a follow up email from Gameloft after I asked for a refund (since they flat out said they were selling something they knew didn't work at the time).

11. its_mee74

its_mee74 Member

Indownloaded hawx hd for android but didnt bought it.i putted my phone in plain mode downloaded the files and everything was going well in the game I cant move the plane with auto rotation but I can steer with virtual stick.can someone tell me is this phones issue or the game?