HaxSync - ICS Facebook SyncTips

1. shaddyyy

shaddyyy Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

Does it link or let you link the FB contact to a Google contact? The description and reviews seems unclear on that.
  3. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

I use contapps.
  4. shaddyyy

When you follow the procedure to sync it downloads all your facebook friends to your phone with their pictures in high res. Then you can merge them to the contacts you already have on your phone
  5. jboku

jboku Well-Known Member

Do you have to merge them individually or is there a way to do it in bulk?
  6. shaddyyy

I had to do them each individually
  7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I'm reading this as name and pic only?

What about phone number if it's avail and email? <--- this is more important than pics to me.
  8. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

For some reason I CANNOT get this app to download. Everything else downloads fine, but this hangs at "Starting Download". Tried clearing the market cache and data, also emailed to have the purchase canceled, then repurchased with a different card but no luck.

Anyone have similar issues?
  9. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I found a great time saver when linking these accounts. Once you have set up the sync options clear you contacts data in the app settings for contacts and let the phone re-sync. Since these pictures are the only ones in the android system at the moment they started to sync without manually going into each one.
  10. BoozeRob

BoozeRob Well-Known Member

I did. For whatever reason it wouldn't download, but I just left it in my queue. It just completed 3 hours after I purchased.
  11. Squintz82

For some reason, the order was just cancelled on me without doing anything. Not really sure what's going on.

Update - The dev just contacted me directly and sent me the apk, so all is well.
    drzfr3shboiale likes this.
  12. P M

P M Well-Known Member

i think i installed the app? should i have an icon on my apps list? when i go to facebook i can't find a apps&sync selection in account settings. all i see is apps & websites.

?
  13. Squintz82

There is no app icon.

P M likes this.
  14. P M

P M Well-Known Member

Actually I had just figured it out... the instructions were kinda vague; didn't know the instructions were referring to the sync settings in contacts of the phone itself (NOT facebook). after that, it's pretty easy.
  15. dantheman7

dantheman7 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to contact the dev? I'd be interested in seeing a way to limit how often it hits FB so I can limit data/battery usage.
  16. mots

mots New Member

dantheman7, here I am :D

I'm working on letting the user decide the sync frequency. But there is another problem which has higher priority right now, for some users, it doesn't sync all friends. If anyone here has experienced this issue, I'd appreciate a log of the syncing progress (You can record logs with CatDroid on the Android Market.)
    As soon as that is fixed, I'll work on limiting battery and data consumption :)
  17. Scottd9000

Scottd9000 Well-Known Member

I purchased it. Great app. So you gotta bring all the Facebook contacts in huh? You can't limit it to just the people you have in your phone already (like all older phones allowed you to do)?
  18. Scottd9000

Scottd9000 Well-Known Member

How are you merging them in ICS? I don't see the option.
  19. zeroG

zeroG Active Member

I'm interested in this app, however I want to hear more feedback about it. I currently use friendcaster for this same thing. However friendcaster doesn't download hi-res images. The only thing is I don't want to manually merge 200+ contacts again. If there's an auto-merge feature then I would try it.
  20. GatorsUF

GatorsUF Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried syncing, then going to gmail (on the computer) and there is feature to "look for duplicates" and try merging that way? I am about to try this, I will report back.
  21. drive88mph

drive88mph Well-Known Member

i live in mexico and wanted to buy this app but i couldnt or is it that is only for ICS? im under checkrom with a samsung galaxy s2... do i need to wait for the update to 4.0???
  22. syntrix

seems no better than the other free apps.

Never got a response on if it can sync email addresses and phone number when they are avail on bookface.

I've done most of mine manually, but would be a good feature. Nobody has implemented this yet.
  23. mots

mots New Member

Version 1.4.1 is out, should be live on the market soon! This version should fix the sync issues some people have been experiencing.

syntrix: unfortunately, the FB API doesn't allow access to email/phone numbers. This is probably done to prevent spamming.

drive88mph: it's available worldwide, but ICS only, sorry

Scottd9000: "Only sync existing contacts" was added in 1.3. :)
    ckelly33 likes this.
  24. syntrix

Someone will make it happen, and when it does, I'll gladly pay for a working app.
  25. mots

mots New Member

There's no way to make it happen, except scraping FB's html page, which is
    1. very inefficient
    2. a direct violation of FB's terms of use.