HBOGO A No-Go for Xoom

Last Updated: 2012-05-08 15:21:20
  1. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Yet another cool service without an app for the Xoom.

No HBO, no Hulu.

Remind me why I bought a Xoom :p

Edit: I discovered you CAN watch hbogo from their website without a dedicated app. Use Dolphin HD in desktop agent mode.

Advertisement
  2. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I watch hulu and hbogo from my xoom. Idk what you're talking about.

Get the modified flash off xda.
  3. IHateMyTreo

I have played with the modified Hulu Flash app but apparently it does not work on all Xooms. But hbogo does work as noted above.
  4. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Oh :(, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. That's lame :\
  5. jeff327

jeff327 Well-Known Member

Go get a Slingbox and you will not need any of these apps.
    alephnaut likes this.
  6. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

Slingbox RoX!
  7. jeff327

HBO Go is now a go on Droid X. No modified flash needed.
  8. MutantCheese

through browser or app?
  9. jeff327

10. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Well-Known Member

Can't seem to find it while searching on the Xoom. I can find it through the Atrix though.
  11. MutantCheese

Does not show up on my DroidX or my Xoom. Says compatible with DroidX2 though.
  12. jjenkins55

jjenkins55 New Member

OK so I worked to get dolphin HD working in desktop agent mode and hbo go works just like it does in skyfire. Not great, jumps and buffers and stops and sometimes runs smoothly but never for more than a few seconds. Visually the HD is great but not a fluid viewing experience.

Anyone had a better experience? :confused:
  13. meinken

meinken Member

When I run it on my wifi at home, I do get lip synch and buffering for about the 1st minute of what I'm watching. Then it settles in and plays fine. Are you on wifi or trying to watch in 3g?
  14. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

Pretty much what im getting with the default browser. No buffering, but jumps and goes at a snails pace and occasionally runs good, albeit for only a few seconds at a time.

Wifi and fast wifi at that. Oh well.

Edit: just to give it a base, I watched 30 minutes of a movie. It never settled in.
  15. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Well you already hate your Treo, now you can hate your Xoom too. :p
  16. IHateMyTreo

Very funny. But I would NEVER hate my Xoom. And I could never despise anything as much as a Treo.
  17. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

What's with HBO Go not being compatible with the XOOM? My Google Play says it's compatible with my Droid Incredible (which is rooted), but not my XOOM or Galaxy Nexus... um... what?
  18. IHateMyTreo

see post no. 1. Forget a dedicated app. Just use Dolphin HD with user agent set to desktop mode. Should work.
  19. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

HBO Go has been updated for 4.0 devices... except large screen ones... which is silly because why would I want to watch a show on my 4" device versus my 10" device... you win some, you lose some.