Hboot 1.47

Last Updated:

1. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member This Topic's Starter

My Hero maybe dead! It is stuck in a boot loop and my only options are Fastboot and HBoot. No recovery image is found, so I can't boot into recovery. I tried re-installing the HERCIMG.zip file, but it says main version is older and fails. Anyone have any ideas?

This happened once before and I was able to recover my phone by re-loading the HERCIMG.zip file, but now with HBOOT 1.47 that file no longer works.

No idea why this has happened twice...running Fresh 2.3.3

Advertisement
  2. norm12

norm12 Active Member

If nothing else works, you can always do a factory reset from this menu----then you can worry about reloading a recovery image and if you have to, re-root

3. SportsPT

No that doesn't work either, just boot-loops. Any other ideas out there?

4. norm12

norm12 Active Member

admittedly, I don't have that menu in front of me right now, but there is a way from hboot to do a reset---I've done it after a bad flash. I couldn't get the phone to stop boot looping, all it did was load the white and green htc screen until I pulled the battery and it wouldn't load into recovery. I saw on this site to hold down volume down and power to boot into hboot and then I played with that menu until I could reset the device

I can't remember the exact menu or order, but it is there somewhere. You could always check out xda forums as well

5. SportsPT

yeah...I can get into HBOOT but all options from there just return to boot loop including reset, recovery etc.

6. xevious

xevious Well-Known Member

You never solved the problem? I am in the EXACT same situation. I rooted my phone using Z4Root about 3 days ago. Everything was perfectly fine. And then suddenly I find my phone with this HBoot 1.47 menu. I've no clue as to how to get back to normal!

EDIT: I figured out what went wrong. Somehow my battery drained down to 0... I've no clue why, as I was at about 30% this afternoon and didn't make any long phone calls. It sat idle for most of the evening. Well, I guess when the battery is that low, the HBoot menu comes up. I plugged my phone in for a few minutes and then was finally able to restart it. Whew.