HBOOT Loop

Last Updated:

1. DIncmanDan

DIncmanDan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I flashed .92 hboot from adrynalynes website and it is stuck in some kind of weird hboot boot loop. When I try to reboot it just goes black and comes back to this screen. I can get to clockwork and do and nandroid backup, but I just wanted to know what potentially caused this so I can avoid this in the future.

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I've been told that it is because when you flash the HBOOT it overwrites part of the kernel. I had the same thing happen as you and what I did was go into advanced restore and restored only the boot image from a nandroid backup. Fixed me right up.

DIncmanDan likes this.
  3. chrisjz

chrisjz Well-Known Member

I read somewhere about this too, and i restored the boot image, but it still didnt work for me. I just restored completely from a previous date, and it worked.

4. DIncmanDan

DIncmanDan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I did a complete nandroid backup and everything is fine. When I boot to hboot it says it is 92, so I guess it worked. Thanks for the help.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

hrmm, the solution that worked for me didn't work for you eh? Go figure. I'm glad you got it going regardless. I'll keep in mind that my way may not work for everyone. I've also been told that if you flash the HBOOT and then go on into clockwork and reflash your kernel it is supposed to fix this problem.

6. LaCeS OuT

LaCeS OuT Well-Known Member

This happened to a co-workers phone. I had to copy a ROM to the SD and reinstall it.