• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HD Docking Station for Razr

teeterbug

Jan 10, 2011
I have this HD Dock station for the Razr. My husband and I both have one. He is (was) able to plug the station into his computer and use the phone in the same way he was when he plugged it into the computer.

My issue is that when I plug the station into the computer, the phone and computer don't do anything. I have it set to charge and it doesn't even charge. Sadly, my hubby offered to try my phone with his and after I did that, his station no longer works. : (

Any help would be great. Motorola says it won't work unless it's plugged into the wall charger, but I know there are smarter people in this forum. : )

Oh. Well, that's a bummer and waste. LOL Is there anyway to get more amps or is it standard?

common can be a usb expansion port/device that uses a power adapter... just make sure it provides at least 750mah (milli-amp-hour).

1A is better IMHO (1000mah).

I'll bet the device close to full charge when it showed charging, not "I attached my other device, and it won't charge anymore".

But adding another power plug, kinda defeats the purpose, huh?

Upvote 0
I have a usb expansion but I don't think it has a power adapter. I don't plug things into it that need a lot of juice because I've heard that connecting to the back of the computer is best.

I sync my phone to my computer so I need it attached to the computer. I also text through the computer so the computer not seeing the phone when docked is not useful for me. The dock does not have another spot to plug in the power and the usb.

"I attached my other device, and it won't charge anymore". Not sure if you are referring to me attaching my phone to hubby's dock but both times that phone was not 100% charged and it did not show the lighting bolt.

I'm just bummed because I was excited to get this accessory.

Upvote 0
My non-hd dock had a power supply with it, and the instructions on removing the insert for the maxx. Works great!

It's like saying, I have an iphone, but don't want to use the special connector :D:D Use the charger, it's part of the dock.

Again, seems like your computer doesn't put out enough amps (juice). My cheap work laptop, a dell that's probably worth $80 now, puts out enough to charge the phone. But every computer and usb port is going to vary.

I just wanted to clarify that there is a charger included, I didn't see it mentioned before.

Upvote 0
Oh. Yeah, there is a power adapter for the dock but that's all. It does have other uses, just not for me. This didn't come with instructions and Motorola's site has the manual but it doesn't have information on it being able to work on the computer.

It was strange though. My husband got a dock as well (same as mine). His worked perfectly until I put my phone on his and now his won't work. It's like my phone is causing the issue. I don't get it.

Is there a way to find out how many amps my usb is putting out? Thanks for the help by the way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones