HD ROM with WORKING camera

Last Updated:

1. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    no fit state likes this.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Completely agree. Heard about this. Good work dev's. Brings the HD ROM into the list of viable alternatives.

3. EddyOS

Flashed it again and it's all fine, will do until I (hopefully) get my HD in January

4. SUroot

Ahh you jumping ship! have you tried it yet (the HD itself)? How would you compare it?

5. EddyOS

GF is due an upgrade but she only wants a normal Desire so she's prob going to have mine and I'll get her upgrade. That's the plan anyway!

Had a play with one in the 3 store (unbranded) - it's nicer than the HD2 as it's got softer edges but the screen is awesome. Definitely looks like a winner...

Had a quick play on the LG Optimus (their WP7 handset) - have to say WP7 is a lot better than I thought it would be

6. SUroot

I was originally going to see if I could wait for WP7 myself. I'd never had an android handset though and after having it, I am worried that I would loose a bit of customisability. Although, XDA Devs I'm sure would have a lot to say about that though.

7. EddyOS

WP7 is VERY simple from first looks but it is VERY quick - menus swipe with ease, generally seems a good OS.

But having now had Android I don't think I could go back. The iPhone-esque locked down interface doesn't do it for me but complete synchronisation with Outlook 2010 is it's only draw. HTCs handsets look lush, though. LG's 'brick' is just fugly

8. SUroot

Yeah I am not a fan of what LG churn out. if I ever did make the move (doubtful) it would have to be HTC or something of equal quality.

9. EddyOS

If you get a chance to play with the Mozart or Trophy then you'd be impressed hardware-wise - both are also SIM-Free online should you feel the 'urge' to get one!

10. SUroot

Cool. I'll check them out sometime. Although since I am now directly affected by the recession (have slipped back 5 years in time with my career), until my contract is up I doubt I'll be doing anything :(

11. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

i have lots on phones in my possession . i will tell you now win7 is not something you will enjoy coming from android. its functionally backward and in many places illogical.

the Desire HD is beautiful however it is too big for me and the batter cover is bad, after a few times removing and replacing battery (to fully shut down so you can get to recovery/hboot) it gets flimsy.

Im not sure whether to try this, i heard horror stories of the sense rom breaking the camera drivers so when you flash back the broken camera remains

12. EddyOS

I've got it working and have had no issues - can't see how flashing a new ROM can ruin the drivers as a new ROM would have all new drivers in it...

13. HTC desired

HTC desired Well-Known Member

I flashed this last night and it is brilliant camera works well :) flawless Rom

14. EddyOS

Not quite flawless as 720p doesn't work, but seeing as it's so piss poor I wouldn't use it anyway I suppose you can call it that!! :D

15. EddyOS

Just a note, gone back to stock and camera is working fine :D

16. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Well-Known Member

Call me picky, but one of my pet peeves is technology not doing what it's supposed to do. I've had a look at this ROM and think it's great but will only flash it when it will allow for 720p recording as well as playback.

17. EddyOS

Playback is now fine, 720p on the normal Desire is so terrible I didn't miss it at all. I honestly think HTC should remove it unless they can get the framerate and sound quality increased

18. SUroot

Cant speak for sense roms as I'm out of the loop, but on AOSP roms, you can get upto 30fps if the conditions are perfect with 720p.

In the UK though, especially Autumn to early spring, thats seldom the case.

19. HTC desired

720p I find is useless when I was running stock so am not worried that it oesnt work however the new HTC sense is brilliant coverflow on music and facebook tagging on pictures and locally installed maps :) Its brilliant

20. DC E1G

DC E1G Well-Known Member

By locally installed maps do you mean Google Maps installs them to the phone or an HTC app?

I'm also curious what the actual features of having the HD ROM are, other than the New Sense

21. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

Liking this rom :) I think I'll keep this over the Leedroid one I had been using.

22. EddyOS

Google Maps are still online. HTC now have 'Locations' which allows you to download mapping to the SD card to have it available offline

23. HTC desired

Yes the location allows saved maps to the SD card it works brilliantly btw.
    Just as a general the new sense offers :
    Facebook tagging, htc sense.com features , htc ereader , allows you to modify the skin of android car panel the list goes on!

24. Uridium

Uridium Well-Known Member

Anyone else tried this new SenseHD Rom [ROM] [07 DEC] newSense DHD baadnwz V0.4 Runs from NAND, fastest DHD Rom available - xda-developers

Runs fully from Nand (NOT DATA2EXT)...It's as fast and stable as any Rom I've tried HD or non HD.

Very fast, with no lag.

Features

- Rooted
    - Latest busybox
    - Lastest WWE Base - 1.32.405.6 WWE
    - Working Camera - thx snq-; 720p recording is yet WIP (work in progress)
    - snq-'s chgrmod2 kernel - all modules in. gpu+, chargemod, sdcard speed fix, smartass cpu governor, OC to 1190 via SetCPU
    - ROM Runs on standard HTC Desire NAND partitions. Smooth and fast
    - ALL (YES ALL) is included.
    - A2SD (and yes YOU MUST HAVE an EXT Partiton after the FAT32 one
    - Stable!
    - Will not stress your SDCARD due placebo DATA2EXT, I cook my rom for real life performance not for high quadrant scores.
    - Adfree should work to anyone S-ON or S-OFF, if it does not update, please reinstall it and it will work
    - ALL Themes made for HTC DESIRE HD (the real one) should work fine
    - Deodexed

Cracking Rom to try if your looking for a HD rom.

25. SUroot

Sounds good. Still no problems?

I'm looking for a sense ROM to put on a friend of mines's desire (he's been running modaco R5 since day 1).

HD may just be the ticket, but as I don't want to support it constantly, I don't want it running anything other than apps2sd+ from his class 2 SD card.