HD Video playback problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Lokire

Lokire Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I've searched and read previous threads on video playback problems, hasn't helped. I recorded an HD video on my EVO that was a little over 2 hours long. When I play it back on the phone itself, everything is fine up until about 1 hour in, and then it crashes (the video just stops playing and goes back to the preview gallery). When I transfer the video to my computer, it opens in quicktime and the full 2 hours of video are there, but the sound plays about twice as fast as it should (so I only get about an hour of sped up sound, and then the rest of the video is silent). When I open it in VLC (the latest version) I get an error about 'no decoder module - VLC does not support the audio format 'samr'

I've tried converting the video in Oxelon, but it just says 'unsupported' under the status column when I add the file.

Am I completely missing something here? Any suggestions? Does andriod just mess things up when you try to record a long video? I'm a little lost on what to do...

Advertisement
  2. Lokire

Hmm...found another free converter (iSkysoft) that plays it correctly in it's preview window, but it only converts back to 3gp, and when I did that I just got audio with no video :confused:

3. Lokire

Is noone else having this problem? Again today, I recorded a 2 hour video on my EVO, and had the same problems. Plays fine on the phone itself up until a little after the 1 hour mark where the video stops and closes out. Move it to my computer and it plays (in quicktime) the full video, but the audio is playing about twice as fast as it should. VLC gives the same error about the 'samr' audio codec.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I really dont think the phone is designed to record 2 hour videos. Your problem is the recording is getting corrupted because it is so long. Try recording smaller amounts, like 4-30 min segments and edit them later.