• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HD Videos

RyanXDm

Lurker
May 15, 2014
Hi, I am new here, hopefully I have posted this in an acceptable place. Does anyone have a NOTE 3/or android and have problems viewing videos in HD on Facebook? If it's a video that I've taken it looks fine, but the second I upload it to Facebook it looks HORRIBLE. Also, I uploaded an HD video from my computer to Facebook and it looks amazing on my computer. It looks horrible on the NOTE 3. I've noticed that I cannot upload or view HD videos on Facebook. Any ideas to whats causing thing? Is it just a normal thing?

It's normal. Facebook is detecting you are on a mobile device, and is giving you lower res videos because of data compression. I think there might be an option to change it to HD, like how Youtube has that option, but haven't explored the new FB app yet. Be warned that watching an HD video on your phone using mobile data will lead to you using up your data allowance pretty fast.

Upvote 0
I managed to upload a (full) HD video from a mobile device (Galaxy Note 3) as follows:
  • you need to access Facebook using one of the Web Browsers in Android
  • it is required to get the PC-version of the page accessed instead of the mobile version
  • this has worked for me with the following address: facebook.com/about/login
  • upload the video in the same manner as you would do on a PC
  • your uploaded (full) HD video will then be available in HD (1280x720) format

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones