HD2 confirmed 'NOT upgradeable to WinMo 7' ... good for Supersonic?

Last Updated:

1. pkpmoa1536

pkpmoa1536 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was doing my daily perusing of Engadget, BGR, and the like when I read the apparent 'official' news that the HTC HD2 will not be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 Series, or what-the-hell-ever it's official name is. Confirmed: HTC HD2 will not be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 series -- Engadget
    I couldn't help but think that this is good news to all of us who are waiting for the SS to hit, and bad news to those who invest in the HD2.

Here is me rationing, feel free to chime in with any and all thoughts for and/or against. HTC has to feel a little disheatened with this news. The HD2 is a stunning piece of hardware; very highly praised by a vast majority of reviewers on the Internet. However, they all pretty much said the same thing: The OS is the phone's major problem:

"From the outset, the HD2 is a tragic creature, built from the finest pieces imaginable and burdened with a categorically disappointing OS. HTC has done their best to hide the HD2's shame, but it's not quite enough...Even behind the very convincing disguise of a modern phone, Windows Mobile is lagging well behind its competitors in terms of new app development, fast OS development and general user experience, and by the time you get your hands on this phone​

Advertisement
  2. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I'm sure a similar phone, ie. HD3, is already in scope to have Winmo7. I don't think this is a shock to HTC.

Based on the specs so far of Winmo7 I'm hardpressed to say it won't be my favorite mobile OS on the market.