HD2 For Motorola Milestone?General

Last Updated:

1. JccageX2

JccageX2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I'm currently on a HD2 But want a good Android phone. I've been looking at the Motorola Milestone, Qwerty Keyboard, Android 2.2, looks quite nice. I just wanna know, are there any cons to this phone, and also, can it runs 3D Games (Like the gameloft ones) quite well? Also, is it a fast phone in general?

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Gonna move this thread to the Milestone section where you will get the best response

3. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Discussed here

4. JccageX2

^That's only saying about installing them to a memory card...

Don't really help :/

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Are you asking about Milestone or Milestone 2?

Both phones are very good, but Milestone 2 is the new version to come out soon. Both will play 3D games as they have good 'GPUs'.

As for cons, some people say the keyboard is not too good in the first version (takes some time to get used to), but in Milestone 2 this was changed to a much better layout.

In my opinion both phones are the best QWERTY phones with Android on the Market.

6. JccageX2

The Milestone 1. Is it a fast phone in general though?

7. Szadzik

It is not by default, but you can overclock it and then it is lightning fast.

8. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

It's not slow even at 550MHz, but the Motorola launcher makes it appear worse than it is. Install a third-party launcher and it will be much better.

However, I'd agree that if you root it (incredible simple to do with UniversalAndroot) then you will see an improvement for everything running at 800-1GHz.

9. LifeInAnalog

LifeInAnalog Well-Known Member

...painfully obvious of course but no one has mentioned it, that 2.2 doesn't hit the Milestone for a bit yet...and a bit more for Telus Canucks.

10. Szadzik

Q4, which is not that far away, unless there is someone who likes complaining about everything.

11. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

I think Motorola will be quite strategic with this - and not roll out 2.2 for the Milestone 1 until the 2 is in the channel. Thus, some people will (especially those who got a Milestone early on - and most likely a SIM-free model given it wasn't sold by many networks) will decide they may as well upgrade.

So, in a nutshell, the update to 2.2 will be dependent on when the Milestone 2 hits the shelves.

Note: This is only my opinion - Motorola may surprise us and roll out 2.2 on October 1st!

12. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Mine is oc'ed to 1.2Ghz and it's real fast. I hardly ever get lag on it, unless it hasn't been rebooted in a while or I've loaded a new program which blows chunks and I end up taking it off. Further more you can always just re-flash it and its brand new again! I love being able to have a fresh phone again. Overall I would definitely but this phone again!!!

13. JccageX2

I bought it today. So far so good. A little basic though.

Are there custom ROM's for this model?

Also, won't overclocking to like 1 Ghz hurt it, maybe even fry it. As well as killing the battery?