• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] HD8 and battery life as of late..

jetguat

Android Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2011
Midwest
I gotta say that i am by-an-large pretty happy withe HD8 running in the stock slots running KitKat 4.4.2.

A few things that are grating on me as of late though. When I plug my headphone in, I am getting the stock warning about the increasing the volume and its bad for you, blah blah. I though HD removed that, or at the very least had an option to disable it. I can find that within the HD8 tweaks. am I missing it?

Initially I thought battery life was not so good with HD8 and android 4.4.2 I disabled location checks in Facebook and that helped, and I figured that was it. Upon recent application updates, and there were many, I am guessing some something is chewing battery. But when I look at the battery usage is always "Screen" or "com.sec.android.app.sbrowser:sandboxed_process0"

For screen I dont use auto brightness, in fact I have it manually turned down to 25% or less. As I am in locations without bright direct light and it works.

I dont know what to make of the second apps. Reboots. Clearing ram of running apps. I just dont know what is sucking battery. I could easily go a whole day with prett heavy usage, and not I find I need to charge as I'm often close to <10% battery later in the day.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts? I just turned off google location services, and will see how tomorrow goes. Most all else that I can think of is the same as with HD7 running 4.3

1. If you enable the Wanam Exposed Module there is an option to disable that. There should also be an option within the HD8 customizations.

2. Sounds like your browser is using up a lot of battery. Might want to look into that.

I've installed the Xposed Framework, assuming that is what you were referring to. I cannot find options within HD8 customizations however.

I downloaded and enabled the NoSafeVolumeWarning module will see if that does the trick. thanks

Upvote 0
I've installed the Xposed Framework, assuming that is what you were referring to. I cannot find options within HD8 customizations however.

I downloaded and enabled the NoSafeVolumeWarning module will see if that does the trick. thanks

If I was on HD8 I would help you find it, sadly, I am not.

I remember it either being in the Tweaks center on HD8 or in the Xposed Framework module. Make sure you properly install that. :)

Upvote 0
I ran Hyperdrive RSL7 4.3 for a long time and my battery life was great. Just upgraded to 4.4.2 and Hyperdrive 8 last night and today battery life was still great. I haven't tweaked or really changed anything yet. I have the ZeroLemon 10,000 mah battery so I can run just about any ROM for at least 4-5 days on a single charge. But after all day use today I am at 83% right now and I have used it a lot today tinkering with updating apps and getting my phone set back up.

Upvote 0
I used to lose more than half my battery after 12 hours on stock. With HD I come home with 78%. I could likely go three days of light use this way. Of course I deleted all Google apps and use Samsung Apps to keep it pure Samsung and found it works better overall, as Google's apps fail to work 50% of the time or chew through data and sync worse than Facebook. They also re-enable sync even if you disable it.

I for one am enjoying the new Galaxy S5 UI and being Google free. It just feels better on a Samsung to stay within their ecosystem vs. The experience with both Samsung and Google apps fighting over one another.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones